In the event of an emergency on Duke University’s campus:
- The Office of News & Communications will be the primary point of contact for the media. The office phone number is (919) 684-2823; the after-hours phone number is (919) 812-6603.
- Information will be posted and updated at emergency.duke.edu and the Office of News & Communications’ website, news.duke.edu.
- Media coming to campus must park in a designated area. Depending on the severity of the emergency and the location of the incident, parking will be either in the Bryan Center surface lot off Science Drive, or on the East Concourse inside Wallace Wade Stadium (enter the gated lot from the traffic circle on Towerview Road). Call (919) 684-2823 for specific locations.
- Media will initially be directed to a designated area of the campus. Depending on the severity of the emergency and the location of the incident, this area will be either along the walkway between the Bryan Center surface lot and the back of Duke Chapel, or inside the Wilson Recreation Center off Towerview Road. Call (919) 684-2823 for specific locations.
- Media must wear a Duke-issued ID badge.
- Any media members who do not follow these guidelines may be asked to leave the campus.