As a steady stream of sleet falls, Duke crews continue to treat walkways, parking garages and elevated areas.
Due to slick road conditions on Central Campus, the bus serving the CCX route has stopped running. Instead, the C1 bus between East and West campuses is operating. The Snow Desk has provided 35-40 rides for essential health system caregivers.
Crews are currently working to clear snow, ice and sleet from tops of parking garages, but motorists are advised to avoid those parking spaces. Parking and Transportation officials noted that top levels may not be fully cleared until tomorrow or later. In the meantime, ground lots are available for use. Entry gate arms are raised or employees can access by swiping their valid DukeCard IDs.
Temperatures are not expected to get above freezing. Duke community members are encouraged to stay informed by checking this DukeALERT site, as well as the services web page for additional updates.
Here are some other campus impacts at this time:
- Most Duke Stores locations are closed today. East Campus Store, The Lobby Shop and Uncle Harry’s are open.
- The Nasher Museum of Art, along with its Cafe and Store, is closed today.
- The Duke Divinity School Library, Music Library, Fuqua’s Ford Library, and Medical Center Library & Archives are closed today. For more information on library hours and closings, visit the Duke University Libraries website.
- The panel discussion, “After the Climate Talks: What to Expect from the Paris Agreement on Global Climate Change,” has been postponed and will not take place at noon today.
- The Duke Performances presentation of Rez Abbasi Invocation for tonight in Baldwin has been canceled.
- Private Diagnostic Clinics, including MOHS Surgery at Patterson Place, are closed today. For a list of clinics open today, please check here.
During the course of this weather event, check the status of operations for dining, parking, transit and stores on the following website.