Duke University and Duke University Health System will return to normal operations at 10 a.m. Friday. The Severe Weather and Emergency Conditions policy will end at 10 a.m., and classes will resume as scheduled afterward.
Duke transit will resume regular service at 9 a.m., but passengers may experience some delays. Passengers should check the TransLoc map for real-time status of bus locations.
In other updates:
- Crews are treating roads, walkways, building entrances and parking areas around campus and the health system. Large piles of snow on campus will be removed to prevent melting and refreezing on walkways and roads.
- Tops of all parking garages are closed due to icy conditions. Customers of the H overflow lot on Hillsborough are encouraged to use caution as that lot is icy in areas and being addressed.
- Triangle Transit’s Roberson Scholar Express (RSX) is out of service.
- The traffic light at Fulton and Elba in Durham is out of service; motorists are urged to use caution in that area.
- All Duke Stores locations will open at 10 a.m. Friday.
- Some Duke Dining eateries will have delayed openings Friday morning. Penn Pavilion will open by 8 a.m., and Joe Van Gogh is scheduled to open at 11 a.m. For ongoing updates to the Dining schedule, visit the services site.
- Fuqua’s Ford Library and the Duke Divinity School Library are scheduled to open at 10 a.m. Visit the Duke Libraries site for information on other locations.
For real-time updates on dining, stores and busing, please visit the services site this morning.