The winter storm brought approximately 6 to 8 inches of snow in Durham, making roads hazardous and downing seven trees on campus. No damage has been reported from the downed trees. At this time, the severe weather policy for Duke University and Duke University Health System remains in effect to 5 p.m. Thursday.
All Duke buses are not running due to road conditions.
Here are more updates at this time:
- All priority campus roads have been plowed twice, and parking lots are being cleared. Sidewalks and entrances to lots and buildings are being worked on. The front of Duke Hospital off Erwin Road is clear.
- Traffic lights at Anderson Street up to Trent/Erwin are out.
- A large tree fell across Campus Drive in front of 2114 Campus Dr. and blocked the road. The tree has been removed.
- The tops of parking garages are closed.
- Duke Urgent Care at Croasdaile will open at 8 a.m. Thursday. All other Duke Primary Care and Duke Urgent Care locations will be delayed until 1 p.m. Thursday.
- Some Duke Dining locations are closed or opening later Thursday. Penn Pavilion on West and Marketplace on East will be open.
- The Music Library is closed today. Visit here to monitor updates to Duke Libraries hours.
- All recreation facilities (Wilson and Brodie Gyms and Pascal Field House) are scheduled to open at 5 p.m. at this time. Recreation Fields (Turf Fields on Bassett Drive and Williams Field on East Campus) are closed until further notice likely Friday evening once clearing is complete. Please monitor GoDuke.com for home athletics game updates.
For real-time updates on dining and busing, please visit the services site through the day.