Crews have plowed priority roads on and around campus. However, secondary roads are completely iced over right now. Erwin Road, a main city road for travel to and from Duke Hospital, is in poor condition and very icy.
Here are additional updates:
- All Duke buses are out of service at this time.
- Reports from East Campus note that sidewalks and stairs are covered with ice.
- Top parking garage levels are closed due to accumulation of ice. Signs have been set up to ask motorists to not park in those areas.
- Crews across Duke are currently working to clear sidewalks and are spreading sand, as well as clear the Circuit, H and GC lots.
- Essential medical personnel should contact the Snow Desk for transportation to Duke Hospital, Duke Clinic and Medical Center.
- Nasher Museum of Art is closed.
- Select Duke Stores locations will open starting at 10 a.m., to include the Duke Technology Center, East Campus Store, Textbook Store, The Gothic Bookshop, The Lobby Shop and the University Store.
- Most Duke Dining locations are operating on a normal schedule today with a few eateries scheduled to open after 10 a.m. The Nasher Museum of Art Cafe is closed.
- As of 8:15 a.m., the Samuel DuBois Cook Society dinner and award ceremony are still scheduled to take place at the Washington Duke Inn Tuesday evening.
For additional real-time updates on campus services, please check HERE.