As Hurricane Hanna approaches North Carolina, Duke officials have taken several steps to prepare for severe weather.
- All athletic games scheduled for the weekend remain on schedule, including the 7 p.m. Saturday football game against Northwestern. The Northwestern team arrived in Durham today.
- The planned pre- football game student tailgate party will be held as planned, but there will be no cooking allowed and no tents provided because of expected high winds. Only water and pre-packaged foods will be offered.
- Grounds crews are removing tents and other outdoor furniture from the tailgate and other campus areas. Trash cans will be distributed only after the storm passes.
- Facilities and Management workers will be on standby to deal with any maintenance issues. Problems can be reported by calling 684-2122.
- Duke Dining has a seven-day supply of food available in case of long-term power outage